Sunday, February 20, 2011

2011 Bluebonnet Brew-off

Friday, I boxed up my precious brews to send to Fort Worth Texas for competition in the 2011 Bluebonnet Brew-off. The Bluebonnet Brew-off is one of the largest single site homebrew competitions in the United States and it is the first leg of the Lone Star Circuit of homebrew competitions in which the Ale-ian Society participates. I hope I get some points for the home team!

I am sending three brews:

  • Sunday Picnic: 38c Melomel Other; strawberry melomel

  • Kokopelli: 41d Specialty Cider & Perry; hard cider with habanero

  • Little Joe's Cream Mead: 39c Open Category of Mead; cream soda mead



We will see how they do in such a large competition. I am certainly looking forward to read the tasting notes for suggestions toward future tweaking of the recipes.

Wassail!

-Safari Bob

And now for something cool that has no relation to mead:



and..

No comments: