Sunday, December 5, 2010

Another Pumpkin Cider

So I was wandering around Wal-Fart looking for a particular movie for Nancy's daughter who LOVES Beauty and The Beast. I have never seen it but who am I to cast stones at Disney films? My favorite movie of all time is Disney's Robin Hood. I do love that movie! In fact, I believe a clip is in order:





In any event, I found more apple cider on sale for $3 a gallon so I had to make some cheap hard cider! This time, however, I doubled the pumpkin and I plan to add habanero peppers to the secondary. Here is the recipe:

6-006

  • 5 gal apple cider (mixed; no preservatives)

  • 30 oz (2 cans) Libby's All Natural Pumpkin

  • 5 tsp yeast nutrient

  • 3 tsp pectin enzyme

  • 1 pkt EC-1118

  • OG: 1.060


Secondary

  • 1-3 cinnamon sticks (crushed)

  • 2 habanero peppers (quartered)


Wassail!

-Safari Bob

Because I can...

No comments: