Thursday, August 11, 2011

Peach Cinnamon Melomel

My arm is feeling better so I decided to make some mead! I went to Wal-Fart and discovered that peaches were on sale for $.75/lb so I grabbed some and got busy. I love the peach/cinnamon flavor combination and I am hoping for a dry, peach mead with a touch of cinnamon. When I sampled the must it was fantastic and distinctly reminded me of peach pie (mmm... peach pie). Hopefully, it will translate into some tasty mead that should be ready for next summer.

Here are the specs:

7-006

  • 10 lbs fresh, ripe peaches (pureed)

  • 12 lbs clover honey

  • 1 cinnamon stick (pureed with peaches)

  • 3 tsp yeast nutrient

  • 4 gal water

  • KIV-1116

  • OG: 1.094



Wassail!

-Safari Bob

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any updates on how this turned out? I was just thinking of doing something very simliar this morning.